Burberry is famous for its trench coats and umbrellas, but they’ve just unveiled The Britain, a new watch that might make you think twice about the British brand.
[youtube id=”Mgur2C386O0″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
“The Britain is the embodiment of our rich, British heritage and all our inspirations,” said Christopher Bailey, Burberry’s Chief Creative Officer in a media statement.
“It’s a very personal project that we have been working on for a long time – The Britain is this powerful balance of modernity and tradition, mixing strong attitude and innovative design with craftsmanship and timeless quality.”
The Britain is no doubt a new direction for Burberry’s watch division, with particular features that make it stand out from their previous timepieces:
- Multi-faceted case construction reflects light through a blend of brushed and polished steel surfaces
- Hands feature custom designed trench coloured Super Luminova Iconic Burberry colour palette including trench, matte black, gunmetal, stainless steel, dark brown, black
- Swiss Made self-winding mechanical movement
- Automatic movements feature circular Geneva Stripes engraving and Burberry logo on the rotor
- Unique gradation technique creates two depths on the face of the dial with micro-engraved Burberry logo on inner case wall
- Hand stitched alligator leather straps in custom iconic Burberry colour palette
Check out the below videos for a closer look at Burberry’s The Britain.
[youtube id=”vl88UIllGaU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
The Britain comes as an automatic, power reserve automatic as well as our favourite, a chronoscope. Some men don’t like watches with a dark face and light number dial, but this could be an exception. Images below.
You can also read all our watch related posts here.