Burberry is famous for its trench coats and umbrellas, but they’ve just unveiled The Britain, a new watch that might make you think twice about the British brand.
“The Britain is the embodiment of our rich, British heritage and all our inspirations,” said Christopher Bailey, Burberry’s Chief Creative Officer in a media statement.
“It’s a very personal project that we have been working on for a long time – The Britain is this powerful balance of modernity and tradition, mixing strong attitude and innovative design with craftsmanship and timeless quality.”
The Britain is no doubt a new direction for Burberry’s watch division, with particular features that make it stand out from their previous timepieces:
- Multi-faceted case construction reflects light through a blend of brushed and polished steel surfaces
- Hands feature custom designed trench coloured Super Luminova Iconic Burberry colour palette including trench, matte black, gunmetal, stainless steel, dark brown, black
- Swiss Made self-winding mechanical movement
- Automatic movements feature circular Geneva Stripes engraving and Burberry logo on the rotor
- Unique gradation technique creates two depths on the face of the dial with micro-engraved Burberry logo on inner case wall
- Hand stitched alligator leather straps in custom iconic Burberry colour palette
Check out the below videos for a closer look at Burberry’s The Britain.
The Britain comes as an automatic, power reserve automatic as well as our favourite, a chronoscope. Some men don’t like watches with a dark face and light number dial, but this could be an exception. Images below.
You can also read all our watch related posts here.